Well you’ve read our first instalment “Summer Holiday Packing” – now it’s time for packing for that winter holiday! Wow, we thought packing for summer was hard enough!
Winter is much more challenging; do I take ankle boots, knee high boots? How many pairs of flats, should I take a dressy pair and some sneakers? Don’t even get us started on heels or scarfs. There seem to be way too many options for winter. Let us tell you, it took us a while to fine tune our winter holiday packing – but we got there eventually!
Winter Holiday Packing – THE ESSENTIALS
- Denim Jeans (x2) – these can be straight, boot cut or skinny depending on your body shape (we can help you find the ideal pair because we know how hard it can be shopping for the perfect jeans).
- Leggings – these can be plain black or patterned as seen in the picture above. Looks great with a longer knit jumper or a tunic, teamed with some ankle boots.
- Long knit jumper (X2) – add to jeans and leggings, teamed with a scarf and ankle boots or even throw your white shirt underneath.
- White shirt – perfect with your jeans/leggings/black pants either tucked in or out depending on length, throw your cardi over the top add a scarf, your jacket and you’re ready for sight-seeing. Add a leopard print ankle boot for the evening to make a statement.
- Cardigan – perfect for layering (try not to do black – even try a pattern). Wear it over top of your basics with a contrasting scarf.
- Scarf (x2) – one plain one patterned
- Boots – we love them! Where to start! One ankle and one knee high, could be a flat, wedge or a heel depending on your comfort.
- Jacket – an essential for any winter holiday. Depending on the temperature, this jacket could be thicker or thinner. This jacket needs to work with your jeans, your black pants, leggings but also over a dress (we can help you look for this jacket)
- Flats – they speak for themselves – great if you have a lot of walking to do. You can do a plain or a patterned pair.
- Long sleeve basics – for layering and keeping you warm, can be worn with anything. Your vest, your jacket, your cardigan and any bottoms. Keep to the neutral palette – black, white, greys or maybe even do a stripe.
- Tunic – another great piece for layering. Wear over your leggings or tights, add your fur vest and a scarf and you’re ready to go shopping or can be a really cute evening look by adding pumps.
- Fur vest – keeps it interesting, looks great over your shirt, basics, your tunic or even your dress for the evening.
- Opaque tights – works with your knit dress or your tunic. Keep them black, they go with everything as well as elongates your legs.
- Knit Dress – there’s lots around for every body shape. Go for long sleeves to keep you warm. Wear with your vest, opaques teamed with a pair of heels for the evening or add your knee highs for a day look.
- Over the shoulder bag (long strap) – this bag needs to go from day to night so think about this when purchasing or even go textured (fur) or patterned.
- Felt Fedora (Hat) – we think this completes any winter outfit – not an essential for everyone but we love it.
- Gloves – another must have for any Winter holiday. Can be leather or knit, add a pop of colour to mix things up a bit.
This is our must have list for any winter holiday – ENJOY!
All items listed above can be purchased from: G-Star Raw, Tony Bianco, Karen Millen, Asos, Sussan, Cue, Wittner, Witchery, Forever New, Sportsgirl, David Jones.