Thanks for all your feedback on our FB page on what you would like to see on our blog, we had some fantastic comments and ideas.
Let’s start off with one of the modern day dilemmas that most women face (including us!) – how to not OVER PACK when going on holiday. This problem was particularly challenging for the both of us in the past as we typically used to take 3 suitcases to go on a week long holiday. We have however fine tuned it so now we have more spending money instead of wasting it on excess luggage costs! See below for our holiday packing tips.
Summer Holiday Packing – THE ESSENTIALS
- Swimsuit (x2 – yes you actually do require this for a summer holiday) – have one drying while you are swimming (mix it up – do a black and a patterned to keep it interesting)
- Flats and a pair of wedges – flats for shopping around the markets then wedges in the evening for dinner looks hot with a maxi dress.
- Jandals (Thongs for you Aussies xx) – daytime comfort wear with your swimsuit
- All occasion dress (x2) we think a maxi and a shorter style is the way to go – one for day one for night, pop a cardi over top for those cooler evenings.
- Cardigan – do a pop of colour not black
- Skirt/shorts/playsuit – one or the other but not all. For skirts/shorts choose denim or navy as you can mix and match easily with all tops
- All occasion tops (x3) – to wear with your skirt/shorts for day. Team it up with wedges to dress it up for the evening. You might even choose one with a bit of bling.
- Basics singlets/t-shirts – go for your basic colour palette. Team it with your denim skirt/shorts and your beads for sightseeing.
- Kaftan long or short (depending on your height and size) – to wear around the pool not all of us are comfortable to parade around in just our swimsuit. You can even dress it up for the evening with your wedges
- Tote style bag – easy to throw your sunscreen and a book in for around the pool or market shopping.
- Sunglasses – a must have!
- Hat – an essential for any summer holiday. Choose the right hat for your face shape – ie round face, don’t go wide brim.
- Longline beads – goes with EVERYTHING.
This is our must have list for any summer holiday – ENJOY!
All items above can be purchased from:
Wish, Country Road, Bardot, Jeans West, Steve Madden, Lovisa, Havaianas, Burberry, Review, Seafolly, Tony Bianco