Yes it’s swimwear season again, some of us love it and some of us hate it 😬 we hear you! We get so many clients needing help with swimwear as there, really are so many shapes and styles to choose from it can become overwhelming.
Top styles – Triangle, Bandeau, Halter-neck, strapless and tie straps, athletic, crop tank;
Bottom styles – Brazilian, Bikini, full Brief and high waisted.
And then there’s the One-piece! These are just to name a few.
Ahhh we hear you saying what works on who ? Well confidence here is always key 🔑 if you feel comfortable showing your tummy go for a two piece. Gauge how much of your bottom you want to show to work out the best options for your bottom half. A larger hip or bottom calls for darker colours, smaller patterns and more coverage than if you have a smaller bottom half, go for smaller coverage and lighter colours.
For the top half if you have a larger bust go for a more supportive bra style top, in darker colours or patterns, a smaller bust do the opposite… choose a style that has some push up or padding and a triangle style can give the illusion you have a larger bust. We want to balance you so keep this in mind too!
The one piece is still one to opt for if you’re not into the tummy showing! A one piece can still be sexy but at the same time hide a multiple of sins 🤣 (we understand the tummy area can be an area a lot of us woman don’t like). Ruching around the tummy area is a popular style to hide a larger stomach but if not careful can look mumsy! Try pattern instead of a solid colour, as pattern can control the eye and lumps and bumps aren’t so obvious. Again look for support if you have a larger boob and if we love our boobs then don’t be afraid to show a little more of them 😉
Try different leg styles, the boy leg can hide a wide hip but also can emphasise it if it’s sitting at the wrong place on your thigh, ties at the hip can emphasise this area. if you’re top heavy again gauge the balance when you have it on! Do you look too top heavy? Do you look bottom heavy? Where is the eye drawn to in the mirror?
Don’t let swimwear shopping be a chore, take note of styles on the market at the moment (below) and if you need help give us a call!
Make a splash! Not a bellyflop! 🙌🏻
- The Iconic – Peony Ruched $189.00
- Sea Level Australia – Tropicana $109.95
- Jets – Plunge $189.95
- Bonds – Ride the wave: Boyleg bottom $29.95, Scoop crop $34.95
- Tigerlilly – Tara Tri Bikini Top $100.00
- Tigerlilly – Elena Elle Bikini Pant $100.00
- City Chic – Corfu $119.95
- Cozi by Jennifer Hawkins – $49.95
- Cozi by Jennifer Hawkins – Top Ruffle $59.95
- Cotton on – Bikini Top $19.99, High waisted Bikini Bottom $19.99
- Iconic – Staple Superior Micro Spot $49.95
- General Pants – Banks Journal $69.99
- Tommy Hilfiger $110.00
- SurfStich – Barney Cools $79.95
- Billabong – Sunset Stripe Bikini Top $59.99, Bikini Bottom $45.99
- Suboo – Leopard $220.00
- City Chic – Colour Block $99.95
- Seafolly – Shine on Shine Bikini Top $99.95, Bikini Pants $39.95
- Tigerlily – Delon Bikini Top $120.00, Bikini Bottom $120.00
- Zimmerman – Juno Belted Plunge $330.00
- Iconic –Duskii Bikini Top $140.00, Bikini Bottom $110.00
- Bec & Bridge – Billie Jean $160.00